This article will cover how you can use links from CommunitySuite in your communications to direct people to register online, and what the registration process is like from the online donation page.
Provide Access to Event Pages
After you've built your campaign, there are several links you can use to direct people to the online event and registration page.
- Direct them to the main event page.
- Direct them to the campaign.
- Direct them to a specific ticket.
- Direct them to the online donations page.
- They can then navigate to Event Tickets provided that tab is not hidden in Donations Settings.
These links can be embedded on your website, on your partner's websites, in email communications, or any other electronic media that supports a web link.
Main Event Page
To direct people to the main events page where they'll see a listing of all campaigns that have been setup for online registration and do not have a past date, navigate to the Campaigns page. The URL is at the top of the page.
To direct people to a specific campaign navigate to that campaign. The URL is at the top of the page. If the URL is not at the top of the page, reference Campaigns: Events Summary to see the requirements for generating a URL.
You can send someone directly to a ticket. Navigate to the campaign. then click the URL at the top of the page. This will take you to the online registration page. Click on the ticket Name, then copy the URL.
When directing registrants to a campaign or ticket vs. the main events page, this does not limit what other pages they can reach on the online donations portal. When someone navigates to that URL, they will be able to navigate from there to the main events page, other events, and the online donations page.
Purchase Tickets/Register for Event
The online event ticket page allows anyone to purchase event tickets from any browser. A registrant can navigate directly to the events page, a campaign, or a ticket if a URL for that item is accessible to them. They can also navigate to your organization's donation portal and select the Event Tickets tab.
Register for Event
These are the steps a registrant will take to register for an event.
- Navigate to an event registration page.
- This will vary depending on what link they click to access the online donation portal.
- Click the Name of the ticket they want to register for/purchase.
- Fill in Quantity.
- If Additional Donation has been enabled on this ticket, there is an option to fill in Additional Donation.
- The Total Amount will automatically calculate based on Quantity, Price and Additional Donation amount.
- Click Add to Cart.
- The registrant will then finalize the registration process.
- If the ticket allows guests, they will be prompted to enter the guest information.
- If the ticket has a charge, they will enter their credit card information.