After migrating your CRM data, some important decisions regarding the profiles in your site should be considered. The following information details the differences between profile lists, custom fields, and designations. Use it to determine which is best for your nonprofit's needs.
Profiles can be added to profile lists to group specific profiles together.
The following are advantages of using profile lists:
- After adding profiles to a profile list, it takes fewer clicks to locate a group of profiles.
- Configure columns to show information relevant to that group of profiles. For example, a board member profile list might have a phone number in the column configuration if the nonprofit calls board members regularly.
- Profile lists make it easy to batch communicate to a set list of profiles at once.
The following are disadvantages of using profile lists:
- When adding a new profile to a profile list, you must create the profile, and then add it to the list.
Profile Custom Fields can be used in CRM to record additional information about profiles.
The following are advantages of using custom fields:
- Custom fields are configurable to your nonprofit’s needs.
- Custom fields can be created, edited, and added to profiles.
The following are disadvantages of using custom fields:
- Grouping profiles by custom fields requires that they be added to the column configuration.
Designations specify additional information about a profile.
The following are advantages of using designations:
- Designation custom fields can be created.
The following are disadvantages of using designations:
- Standard designations cannot be edited or added to.
- Grouping profiles by designation requires that they be added to the column configuration.