Ready to learn how to successfully set up and manage grant opportunities? This guide will assist you in learning how to set up new grant opportunities and the tools you can use to edit and manage grants. Let’s get started by learning some of the basic functionality of Grants Management.
Add a grant opportunity
- Click Grant Management in the navigation bar and then click Opportunities.
- Click Add Opportunity in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Complete the required fields and add an opportunity image from your desktop.
- Those that are required are noted with a red*.
- Attach profiles if they exist in your CRM or Quick Add a profile.
- Click Create to save your new fundraising opportunity.
Add a note, task, profiles, users, and files to your opportunity
- Select a grant opportunity.
- Add a note, a task, and assign the task to a user.
- Add a profile from your CRM, add a user, and add a file.
Add an answer to your library
- Click Library in the navigation bar.
- Click Add Content in the top right-hand corner.
- Complete the necessary fields.
- Fields with an * must be completed.
- You can create three different formats for answers: Text, URL and File. The area on the right will change according to the type of answer you are creating.
- Click Save.
Optimize an answer in your library
- This works best for text type files.
- Click on any of your saved answers.
- Click Optimize.
- Complete the Question being asked or info you want to optimize.
- For example, “Provide your mission statement for your organization and how this will support the program you are requesting funds for.”
- Populate the length target with the required number of either words or characters.
- Click Optimize. After a brief pause you will see that the AI engine begins to create new text.
- You can choose to update your original answer or replace with this new version.
- Click either Save or Replace original version.
Configure types of funding
- This area is customizable to your organization and can be selected in the Types field when creating or editing a grant opportunity.
- Create a new type of funding, e.g. capital funds, program funds, etc.
- Click Edit to add or update the types of grants.
- Statuses of grant funding cannot be edited. They are set in the system.
- Grant Station is a powerful tool that allows you to search for funders and grants that match your specified criteria.
- Grant Station cannot be utilized in the Sandbox environment; it will be available once your site is Live.
- Guidance on how to best utilize this powerful tool is available by watching the Grant Station Video Tutorial when you first click on Grant Station.
Create a new opportunity custom field
- Click Opportunity Custom Field in the navigation bar.
- Click Create Custom Field in the upper-right hand corner.
- Complete the fields. Fields with an * are required.
- Populate the label (name) of your custom field, instructions for that custom field, and the type of custom field (text box, drop down, date, checkbox list).
- There are four different options for types of custom fields: text box, dropdown, checkbox, or date. For dropdown and checkbox, you should create additional selections that accompany the field by clicking the add option and then the + button. For the date and text, you will populate those with text.
- If you select Required, it will always be shown on every specified type.
- Or you can select Opportunity Types, and it will only be shown on the grant types you specify.
- Click Save.
Feel free to refer to the in-system learning tool located in the bottom right corner of all the screens. It’s the computer icon with the graduation cap. If you click on this tool, it does provide support articles and guidance to help you learn fundamentals of the system. Feel free to also reach out to email@example.com to ask questions or receive guidance on workflows or further clarification of the system.