The Short Links for Processes feature allows you to share a shortened link with applicants, which brings them to the first form in a process.
Enable Short Links for Processes
In order to access and share short links for processes, you'll first need to enable the feature. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner of your site to access your Site Settings page.
- Click the Pencil icon next to the Enable Short Links for Processes setting.
- Select True, then click OK.
Share a Short Link for a Process
- From the Process Manager page, click the Name of the process.
- Click the Edit Process Summary drop-down to expand it.
- Click the Link icon next to the process name.
- Make sure the toggle is green, indicating that the link is active. If it's not, click the toggle.
- Click the Paper icon to copy the short link to your computer's clipboard.
Once you've copied the short link, you can paste it into an email or other form of communication with applicants.
When an applicant clicks the short link:
- If they're already logged into your site, they're brought to the first form in the process (e.g. the application).
- For a restricted visibility process, the applicant won't need to enter the access code if using the short link.
- If they're not logged in, they're brought to the Logon Page.
- They can then log in if they've already created an account, or they can go through registration if they're a new applicant.
The short link will lead to an "Inactive Link" message if any of the following are true:
- The process is turned off.
- The current date is not within the process start and end date range.
- The process is set to internal visibility.
- The short link is deactivated (not toggled on).