During registration in your GLM site, an applicant enters both their own contact information and their organization's information. By default, once applicants initially enter their organization's information, only a site administrator can edit that information.
You have the option to allow applicants to edit their organization's information after registration. This can be limited to certain fields. For example, you could only allow edit access for the organization's address or website information. Some administrators choose to not allow applicants to edit fields such as the tax ID number, as they'd like to first have a conversation about why that information is changing.
Configure Applicants' Ability to Edit Organization Information
Contact Support to configure this setting, and let them know which field(s) you'd like to allow applicants to edit. The available fields are shown in the image below.
When one or more fields are accessible for applicants to edit, they will see a pencil icon next to their organization's information, allowing them to make changes.
Notification of Changes
When one or more fields are made accessible for applicants to edit, you have the option to configure an automatic email to be sent whenever an applicant edits their organization's information.
When configured, this automatic email will send to the selected administrators and the primary contact for the organization whose information was changed. The email will automatically include the original and updated organization information.
- After creating an email template with the desired language, select the Organization Changed email notification event type.
- Navigate to the Update User page for an administrator who should be set up to receive this email, and then click the pencil icon.
- Click Manage Notifications.
- Click the Organization Edited tab.
- Check the box for the email template you created, and then click Save.