Scholarship requests can be synced from SLM to CommunitySuite individually or in a batch. A scholarship request must have an approved status in SLM before it can be synced, and cannot have any payments recorded in SLM.
Below is a reference for which scholarship information in SLM populates which fields in CommunitySuite, once the scholarship is processed. The SLM field is listed first and the corresponding CommunitySuite field second.
- Decision Date = Award Date
This date must be in an open accounting period in order to pay the scholarship award in CommunitySuite. For this reason, an alternate field in SLM may need to be used to record the date the scholarship request was approved. Please reach out to your CSM to discuss this date field prior to syncing scholarships.
- Applicant = Student
- Amount Awarded = Scholarship Award Amount
- Installment Date = Payment Date
- Installment Amount = Payment Amount
- Payment Date = Check Date
Sync a Single Request from SLM to CommunitySuite
A request can be synced from two different locations in SLM:
- From the Request Summary page on the CSuite tab. Click Sync Request to sync the request to CommunitySuite.
- From the All Open Approvals workload page. Click the toggle to sync the request to CommunitySuite.
- The toggle will then turn green, indicating that the request is synced.
Sync Requests from SLM to CommunitySuite in a Batch
- Navigate to the All Open Approvals workload page and check the box for each request you want to sync.
- Click Batch Options, then click Send to CommunitySuite.
Once a Request is Synced
Once a scholarship request is synced from SLM to CommunitySuite, please note the following:
- Other than the date field, installments can only be edited in CommunitySuite (unless the Post by Payment option is selected in CommunitySuite for the scholarship).
- Unsyncing can be done in SLM until the scholarship has been processed in CommunitySuite. After that point, the scholarship must be unsynced in CommunitySuite if needed.
The next step is to process the scholarship in CommunitySuite. Details are available in Process Synced Scholarships.