You have the option to add the COVID-19 Funding system field to an approval form. This field is designed to allow consistent tracking of funding trends across the sector in response to COVID-19. The use of this field is voluntary and opt-in, as data collected via this field (and other relevant fields, which are detailed in the acceptance pop-up) will be shared and aggregated. By filling out this field for a request, the full Amount Awarded for that request will be included in the Foundant COVID-19 funding report.
The field contains a dropdown of list items (developed using Candid's Support Strategies taxonomy), giving you the ability to code any requests that received funding related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Below are the list items in the dropdown:
- Technical assistance
- Capital and infrastructure
- Continuing support
- Equal access
- Financial sustainability
- General support
- Individual development
- Leadership and professional development
- Policy, advocacy and systems reform
- Presentations and productions
- Product and service development
- Program support
- Research and evaluation
- Emergency Funds
- Emergency Funds - Individual
- Health services (including mental health)
- Assistance with accessing benefits
You also have the option of sharing this field to a follow up form so the grantee can complete or view it, and an administrator could complete it retroactively on the approval form as well. Please refer to this article for instructions on indicating that some or all of an award has been reallocated for COVID-19 relief: Reallocating Funds for COVID-19 Relief Efforts
If you utilize the integration with CommunitySuite, this field will sync with the integration. The field must also be enabled in your CommunitySuite site in order for the data to sync between the two sites.
Please note that if you sync grants to individuals from SLM to CommunitySuite, the requests will be synced as scholarships in CommunitySuite. The ability to sync those requests as grants is in development at this time.
To add this field to an approval form, follow these steps:
- Access the relevant process (or universe if using the Universal Application feature) from the Process Manager page, and navigate to the Decisions tab.
- Click the pencil icon next to the approval form to edit it.
- Click Add New Question.
- Click COVID-19 Funding.
- Read the pop-up message, and if you want to continue, click I Accept.
- If you don't want to continue, click Cancel.
- If you chose to continue, you can now further configure the field (i.e. adding any instructions for administrators who will use this field, or making it optional rather than required).
- Click Save Question to add the field to your form. It can now be used when approving requests, and you can also go back to any previously approved requests in the process to fill out this field.