You have the option to assign follow up forms as you approve each request, or after a request has been approved. For instructions on instead assigning follow ups to multiple approved requests in a batch, please refer to Batch Assign Follow Ups.
If you haven't already, finish approving the request (instructions are available in Approve a Request). After you finish entering the installments, the Assign Follow Ups pop-up will appear and you can move to the steps below.
If the request is already approved, navigate to the Follow Ups tab of the Request Summary and click Assign Follow Ups. You can then move to the steps below.
- Check the box for each follow up that you want to assign for this request.
- Enter or adjust the due date for each follow up form.
- If you configured an auto due date for any of the follow ups, the due date will automatically populate for those forms, but you can change the dates as needed.
- If you configured the Follow Up Submission Logic setting to Sequential, follow ups must be submitted sequentially by due date. You can change that setting to Open to allow applicants to submit follow ups with a later due date before those with an earlier due date.
- By default, the applicant is the assignee for each form. Select a different assignee if needed.
- Other users within the applicant's organization will appear in the drop-down if they have active logon credentials.
- If a follow up form is assigned to a user other than the applicant, the applicant will still be able to view the form from their dashboard, but will not be able to edit it.
- By default, each follow up is related to the overall award. You have the option to attach a follow up to a specific installment if needed.
Please refer to Attach Follow Up to Overall Award or Installment Form for details, as this is an important step for use with certain workflows and features.
- Click Assign Selected Follow Ups.
- If you've configured the To Applicant (when Assigned) automatic email for any of the follow ups, that email will be sent as soon as you take this step. If the automatic email was configured for more than one assigned form, the applicant/assignee will receive multiple emails.
- The assignee will then see the assigned follow up forms on their dashboard (unless the Show Follow Ups with Decision Status setting is configured).
- The request now has the follow up(s) assigned status and is located on the All Open Approvals workload page on your dashboard. Each assigned follow up form is visible on the Follow Ups Draft workload page until submitted by the assignee.