Each campaign must be assigned to a group. Groups are a user-defined field; there are no default groups. Groups are essentially a folder or organizational structure for campaigns. You can group campaigns by type of event, mailing, appeal, communication, etc. The group name will be the browser tab name when someone uses the online event registration.
Create Campaign Group
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign Group on the left-side menu.
- Type in a Group Name, then click Create.
If you click List in campaigns, you will see a list of campaigns by group. Only groups that have a campaign assigned will appear in List. To see a complete list of groups that have been created, you can edit an existing campaign and click the group drop-down, or create a new campaign and click the group drop-down.
Edit/Delete Campaign Group
You cannot edit or delete a campaign group that does not have a campaign assigned. Make sure one campaign is assigned to the group before trying to edit or delete the group. You can move it to another group after. The first steps for either editing or deleting a campaign group are the same.
- Navigate to to Campaigns page.
- Click List on the left-side menu.
- Click [Edit] next to the selected campaign group.
Edit a Campaign Group
- Make your changes, then click Save.
- Type a new name in Group Name if needed. This will change the group name for all campaigns previously assigned to this group.
- Check the Inactive box to retain this group but disable adding additional campaigns to it.
Delete Campaign Group
- Click Delete on the left-side menu.
- In another tab, edit the campaign that is currently assigned to that group and assign it to another group.
- Repeat for any other campaigns assigned to the group.
- Navigate back to the tab where you selected Delete, then click [Yes].