The check payment approval feature allows you to set different levels of payment amounts, and assign specific users to each level. The users that you assign to each level will be required to approve checks before they can be printed.
Configure Check Payment Approval
- Select Checks from the Home page.
- Select an Account.
- Select Payment Approval.
- Click Add Approval Level.
- Add your approval levels/tiers. Enter the minimum amount (Min Amt) for each level, and the percentage of approvers (Approval Percent) that need to approve a payment before a check can be printed.
For example, the first level (shown above) would apply to checks with an amount of $0 - $5,000. The second approval level would apply to checks with an amount of $5,000.01 - $10,000.
- Click Save.
- Click Edit Approvers.
- Click the drop-down menu and select an employee to add them as a payment approver. You can add as many employees as you need.
- Once all payment approvers have been added, click Save.
- Repeat steps 7-9 for each approval level, then click Checks to return to the main checks page.
- You will now see two new Check Buckets on the main Checks page: Approval and Approved.
Approve Check Payments
- After a check is created, it will move to the New check bucket. Click Send To Approval to start the approval process and move the check to the Approval bucket.
By default, the system will send an automatic email to your check approvers letting them know that there are checks that need to be approved. If you'd like to disable the approval emails, you can do so by clicking Disable Approval Emails in the Checks portion of System Data.
- Click Approve All to approve all checks in the Approval check bucket, or select the CheckID and click Approve from the left-side menu.
If you're not listed as a payment approver for the payment tier that a check falls into, you'll receive a message that you don't have permission to approve the check.
- Once approved, you'll be able to Print and Post and your check(s).