There are five types of accounts available in CommunitySuite. Know what type of account you want to create before beginning the process below. Maintain consistency in your chart of accounts when creating new accounts.
Create an Account
- Navigate to the Accounts page and click Create in the left-side menu.
- Complete all applicable fields, and then click Create.
- If you select an income account type, then it cannot be changed to a balance sheet account type once the account is created.
- If you select a balance sheet account type, then it cannot be changed to a income account type once the account is created.
Edit an Account
Additional configuration settings are available after an account has been created.
- If the account you want to edit was just created, then click Edit in the left-side menu.
- If the account you want to edit already existed, then navigate to the accounts page and click the account number of the account you want to edit.
- Edit account information, and then click Save.
- Field availability is dependent upon the account type.
Hover over the SmartTips (question mark icons) in CommunitySuite for field guidance.