The system allows you to customize how your accounts display on Fund Statements. Statement Accounts allow you to combine multiple accounts into one and provide a custom name.
For example, your chart of accounts contains an account called Dividends and another called Interest. You can combine these into one Statement Accounts called Investment Earnings (or any name of your choosing) so your statements reflect a simplified version of your chart of accounts.
Statement Accounts only impact fund statements. They do not impact anything else in CommunitySuite.
Create Statement Accounts
- Navigate to the Accounts page.
- Click Statement Accounts from the left-side menu.
- Click Create from the left-side menu.
- Enter the Name you want to display on fund statements.
- For example Gains and Losses, Investment Fees, etc.
- Click the Hide Detail checkbox if you want to remove this statement account activity from the Activity Detail section on fund statements.
- Click Create.
- You will see the list of your accounts. Select the items you wish to combine.
- Click Save.
You can edit any Statement Account by selecting the ID number from the list of Statement Accounts, then Edit from the left-side menu.