Sub accounts can be set up for any existing account in the system. Only one level of sub accounts is available, so sub accounts cannot be created for other sub accounts.
Add a Sub Account
- Navigate to the Accounts page, and click the account ID for the account to which you want to add a sub account.
- Click Add Subaccount in the left-side menu.
- Complete applicable fields, and then click Create.
- Account numbers are often a small increment above the original account number.
- Use a name that distinguishes the sub account from the original account
When completing financial reports, the sub account will be rolled up and reported with the main account.
Unlink a Sub Account
- Navigate to the Accounts page, and click the account ID for the sub account you want to unlink.
- Click Edit in the left-side menu.
- Select the blank line from the SubofAccount drop-down, and then click Save.
The sub account will now be listed as an account in your chart of accounts.