If you have not closed out the grant or deposited the donation to the bank, you can delete it.
- From the Home page, go to Grants
- Pick the Grant that the Donor gave to by selecting the hyperlinked Grant ID number (eg.2260) that the donor gave to - it will be in the "Needs Funding" section of the table if it is a Grant Catalog item that has not been fully processed
- Scroll down to the Grant Funding table
- Choose the Donation ID# next to the Donors name (eg. 3735)
This will take you to the details of the Donation
- Choose Unpost from the left menu if it is a check, then choose Delete since it was not cashed
- Or you can Unpost & Delete if it was a credit card donation if it was paid via credit card to remove the donation, but the payment will remain in your system
For the remaining balance on the credit card processed donation, you will now see various options about what you want to do with the payment, you can choose to apply the payment to an Invoice, Create an Invoice, Create a different Donation, Reconcile or Refund Stripe to return the money.
NOTE: Deleting a donation cannot be undone.