Any donation can be connected to a grant catalog.
Add Grant Cycle to Existing Donation
After a donation has been entered, you can assign a grant cycle to it.
- Navigate to a donation record.
- It can be posted or unposted.
- Click  on a donation record and assign a grant cycle.
- Select a Grant Cycle from the drop-down, then click Save.
- If the donation was not posted, post it now.
- Click [apply] in the Donation Destinations section.
- A list of unfunded grants in the grant cycle will appear. Allocate the donation amount across one or more grants by typing amount(s) into Apply Amount, then click Apply Donation.
When a donor makes an online contribution to a grant in a grant catalog, the donation is automatically connected to that grant and grant catalog.
When a donor makes a contribution through the online donations page, it is not automatically connected to a grant catalog. It can be connected to the grant catalog the same way a grant cycle is added to an existing donation.