You can overwrite an existing template by updating it rather than deleting and uploading a new one. This allows you to keep historical template versions in the system. You can revert back to a historical version.
For most templates, if you change the template, the system does not preserve the historical template that was generated from a previous template version. When you regenerate a template, the system pulls from the current template.
Tax Receipts and Fund Statements are exceptions to this. When serial numbers are turned on in System Data Settings, the system will preserve each tax receipt that is generated. When a fund statement is regenerated, it regenerates using the template that was originally assigned, as long as it has not been deleted from templates.
Update a Template
- Navigate to the System Data page.
- Click Templates from the left-side menu.
- Any templates that have already been uploaded will be listed on this page.
- Click the template that you'd like to update.
- Click Update File in the left-side menu.
- Upload the template.
- To rename a template but not replace the template version, check Update Description Only (No file upload).
- Click Update.
Restore Older Template
You may also view and restore past versions of the letter template.
- Click the template that you'd like to revert.
- Click Versions in the left-side menu.
- Click [Make Active] next to the applicable version.