Creating charitable pledges and promises from donors allows you to track donor commitments and send payment reminders.
Pledges have an impact on the general ledger.
Promises operate like pledges but do not have an impact on the general ledger.
The process to create a either a pledge or promise is largely the same. The instructions outline how to create a pledge and call out two key differences for promises.
Create a pledge:
- Navigate to Pledges/Promises from the Home page.
- Click Create.
- Select the profile one of two ways:
- Start typing the name into the Choose Profile search box and select from dynamic search results.
- Click List in the left-side menu, then a profile name.
- Fill in the required information.
- Enter a Date (actual date when the donor pledged to donate).
- Enter a Destination Fund (fund where donations towards the pledge will go).
- Enter the First Payment Date.
- Enter the Number of Payments to be received.
- Select Payment Frequency from the drop-down menu.
If this is a promise with no GL impact, check the Promise box.
- Fill in optional pledge information, if applicable.
- If the Donor wants remain anonymous, check the box next to Anonymous.
- Additional information can be added to Description.
- Click Process.
- Review the pledge and payment schedule. Click Post.
If this is a promise, you'll click Commit rather than Post.
- If there are open opportunities associated with the profile, click link to link the pledge or promise to an opportunity.