The Online Donation Portal is a public facing website that accepts online donations.
To enable the Online Donation Portal (portal), you need Stripe enabled, a fund group, and a fund.
Stripe must be set up and enabled in order to accept online donations. If it is not already setup, enable Stripe in your CommunitySuite site.
The remainder of the article will refer to various components of this example portal.
Fund groups are used in reporting and to group similar funds together on the portal.
The fund group name will display on the portal. If you want a different display name for the portal, fill in Public Name. When populated, Public Name will override the group name on the portal.
Fund groups will display in A-Z order by default. The order is based on Public Name when it is populated. To apply a different sort to fund groups on the portal, type in Sort Order. The default Sort Order is 99. If you enter 1 in a group, that group will display first even if it is not the first alphabetically.
In the example portal image, Field of Interest Funds and Scholarship Funds are fund groups.
Any fund can be available for online donations or hidden from the portal based on individual fund settings.
Fund Settings for Online Donation Portal
These components of a fund impact the portal.
- Checking Account - A checking account is required for a fund to accept online donations. If a checking account is not assigned, the fund will not display on the portal.
- Group - The group the fund is in will dictate the fund placement on the portal if the fund is promoted.
- Public Name - The fund name will display on the portal. If you want a different fund display name for the portal, fill in Public Name. When populated, Public Name will override the fund name on the portal.
- No Memorials - This setting disables in honor of and in memory of donations for this fund.
- Promote - When checked, the fund will appear under the Donate to a Fund header on the portal. In the example portal image, Forest Fire Prevention Fund, Smokey Bear Scholarship Fund, and Yogi Bear Scholarship Fund are promoted funds.
- Funds do not need to be marked promote to accept online donations. All funds that are not private and have an assigned checking account will be available in the fund search box and the show all funds list.
- Private - If a fund should not be available for donations in the online donation portal, this setting should be checked. An advisor to the fund will be able to donate to the fund when they are logged into their fund advisor portal but it will not be visible to anyone else.
- Fund Summary - A description field for the fund. Anything in this field will display on the portal. In the example portal image, the text under the fund names is the fund summary. This field supports HTML.
- Image - You can add an image from the left-side menu on a fund. To display on the portal, Show Fund Images must be on in System Data.
Promoted funds will display under their group name. The funds will be in A-Z order within the group. You can edit the fund sort order by clicking Change Sort, located in List Promoted on the left-side menu of the Funds page. Changing the sort changes the sort within the funds assigned group.
There are many Settings that impact the portal.
Review the Public Donation Page Options in System Data Settings for additional detail.
The logo in System Data will appear at the top of the online donation page unless the Header HTML is modified.
There are several free text areas that can be customized. In the example portal image, the text above Donate to a Fund is the online_donation_header content block.
Online_donation_header, online_donation_payment_footer, and online_donation_thankyou are content blocks a donor sees throughout the donation process.
Review content information in System Data Content for additional information on these content blocks. There is also customizable content for other tabs in the public portal and automated tax receipts.
You can make changes to the look and feel of the online donation portal by editing the Donation Portal Style.
Header, Footer, and CSS changes require coding.
The gear icon contains settings that don't require coding.
- Location of search bar.
- Row display options - striping, hover, border.
- Container widths.
You can make modifications and then click Preview to see how the change(s) impacts the portal.
Link to Website
The link for your online donation portal can be found at the top of the Donations page.
This link can be embedded on your website and in other electronic communications.
Link to Fund
Each fund that's available for online donations also has its own link. To obtain that link, navigate to your online donations portal, click on a fund, then copy the link. The last characters are the fund number. The format for all fund URL's for your site is the same, with exception of the fund number.
Since this video was created, changing the fund sort order within groups has been updated. You can edit the fund sort order by clicking Change Sort, located in List Promoted on the left-side menu of the Funds page.