A school is a Grantee in the system. You will need to create a Grantee Profile for each school prior to creating a Scholarship or refunding Historical Scholarships. If you would also like to set a grantee profile as a school for the purposes of integrating with the payee field in SLM, please refer to this article after following the steps below: Set Grantees as Schools
If a school, University or College has not been selected by your scholarship recipient you can enter the scholarship and list the school as Undecided. Once the student has selected a school you must add the school to proceed with the grant/scholarship process.
- Go to Grantee from the Home page
- Search Grantees for the school by typing the name in the search box
- If you find the school you can proceed with adding the school to the student scholarship
- If you cannot find the school in your Grantee Profiles database, you will need to go to Profiles
- Search your Profiles database for the school
- If it is not found, select Create from the left side of your screen to create a new Profile
- Enter the school name in the Organization text field and the address and phone
- Select Save when done
The Profile will be created.
- Next, scroll down the left side menu and select +Make Grantee
The system will automatically make the school a Grantee and a Vendor. This allows you to write checks to them as a Grantee and to accept refunds from the school as a Vendor.
- Scroll down the Profile and select the Profile is hyperlinked Grantee
This will take you to the Grantee page for the school.