When your Fund Advisors login to their Fund Advisor Portal, they can see the details of any fund they advise. Fund Advisors who have the proper permissions and are logged in to their Fund Advisor Portals can make grant requests, approve grant requests, or give from the Fund(s) they advise.
To review and verify what each Fund Advisor has access to your system, Administrators can perform a "log in as" to see exactly what each Fund Advisor sees.
- Navigate to the Fund Advisors page and click the ID of the Fund Advisor you want to view.
- Click Login As in the left-side menu.
- You must have Admin permissions to do this, and the Fund Advisor must have previously logged in and created a password.
If fund advisors have access to more than one fund, then their first task when signing into their fund advisor portal is to click the fund with which they want to interact. After that, the fund options are shown as tabs that can be clicked on for access.
Depending on fund setup and fund advisors' permissions, various tabs of information exist.
- Home - Shows a summary of the fund's balance, including spendable balance if applicable; advisors; and recent transactions.
- Choose Fund - Lists funds that the fund advisor has access to.
- Contributions - Shows all donations/money coming into the fund.
- Pledges - Lists the pledges/promises associated to the fund.
- Grants - Shows all grants going out from the fund.
- Historical grants can be copied by using the Copy button in the grant list.
- Grant Request - Contains a form that allows the fund advisor to make a grant request to a non-profit, a grantee, or a fund.
- If the Allow Additional Advisors setting is enabled within a fund, fund advisors can collaborate with each other on a grant request and specify which fund advisor specifically is making the request.
- If there is an additional individual that needs to be contacted throughout the grant process, then Additional Grantee Contacts can be added as a fund advisor submits the request.
- If the fund advisor is designated as the Primary on a fund, then Requests Needing Approval are listed.
- Grant Catalog - View and donate toward a crowdfunding opportunity.
- Statements - View and download all current and historic fund statements.
- Files - View and download any files uploaded to the fund record.
- Donate -Takes the fund advisor to the public Online Donations page where they can give to funds or buy tickets to events.
- Receipts - Generate tax receipts for donations made to any fund.
- Vouchers - Lists the vouchers paid by the fund.
- Invoices - Lists the invoices associated to the fund.
- Financials - Generate a Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Activities based on customized or default system dates.
- Investments - Lists the Fund Investment Strategy and Investment Report. The date of the report can be customized.
- Split Interest - Shows charitable gift annuities and trust management information.
- Logout - Closes the current login session on the Fund Advisor Portal.
If enabled, fund advisors can see an interactive chart displaying their top donors and grantees. The charts/graphs are turned off by default, but can be turned on by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Funds page.
- Search for the relevant fund and then click the ID.
- Click Edit in the left-side men.
- Check the Show History On Portal box.
- Click Save.
A Google translate feature is also available on the Fund Advisor Portal that needs to be enabled through System Data. Once enabled, the Google translate option will appear at the top left hand of the fund advisor portal.