Mailchimp is a third-party software designed to help its users create and manage mailing lists, newsletters, and automated campaigns. The CommunitySuite + Mailchimp integration allows you to do the following:
- Link CommunitySuite to Mailchimp using the Mailchimp API.
- Sync multiple campaign communication and event lists from CommunitySuite to a single Mailchimp audience.
- Create unique tags for your campaigns in CommunitySuite and assign those tags to synced contacts in Mailchimp.
If you do not have Mailchimp and would like to integrate with CommunitySuite, set up an account and an audience.
Integrate CommunitySuite and Mailchimp
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Click on your name, then select Profile.
- Click Extras, then select API Keys from the drop-down.
- Click Create A Key.
- Copy the API key.
- Open a new tab in your web browser, log in to CommunitySuite, and navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Select Settings from the left-side menu.
- Select Edit Settings from the left-side menu.
- Paste the Mailchimp API Key in the Mailchimp API Key field.
- Type the audience name you will sync to in to the Mailchimp Audience Name field.
- Type it exactly as it appears in Mailchimp.
- If your Mailchimp account has more than one audience, choose the one that CommunitySuite will sync with.
- Click Update.
Your site is now synced and you can sync profiles from a campaign. This is a one-way integration, meaning that data is only passed from CommunitySuite to Mailchimp.
The profile information passed from CommunitySuite to your Mailchimp list includes:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
Profiles must have an email address and cannot be marked Do Not Email in CommunitySuite in order to sync to Mailchimp.