You can view any successful or unsuccessful Stripe transaction that has been recorded in Stripe, but not CommunitySuite. This happens if there is a communication failure with CommunitySuite and Stripe between when Stripe records a payment intent (this is when the user clicks Pay with Credit Card) and when a user enters their credit card information and clicks Pay in Stripe.
View and Fix Unpaid Stripe Transactions
- Navigate to the Payment Processors page.
- Select the ID number for Stripe.
- The Unpaid Stripe Transactions window shows the Stripe transactions that were recorded in Stripe but not in CommunitySuite.
There are a number of scenarios that can cause transactions to be recorded in Stripe but not CommunitySuite. The following list highlights the most common reasons this can occur.
- A user gets to the Stripe payment screen, but uses the web browser's back button to return to the checkout screen before clicking Pay in Stripe.
- If a user needs to return to the checkout screen in the donation portal, they should use the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the Stripe payment screen.
- A user gets to the Stripe payment screen, and closes the payment screen.
- The donor leaves the Stripe payment screen open for an extended period of time and the connection times out.
- The donor's internet connection fails while entering their credit card information before they click Pay.
Review and Fix Unpaid Stripe Transactions
Once a payment is processed in Stripe, Stripe will attempt to "call" CommunitySuite so CommunitySuite can record the transaction. If the first attempt fails, Stripe will try again every hour after. If a Stripe transaction continues to be Unpaid, you can navigate to Stripe to review the transaction and "re-call" the transaction.
- Click Dashboard next to the specific unpaid Stripe transaction.
- You will now be on the Stripe payment page where you can review the transaction and "re-call" it if necessary.