The Unpaid Stripe Transactions window shows any Stripe transaction (successful or unsuccessful) that was recorded in Stripe, but has not recorded back to CommunitySuite yet. This can happen if there's a communication failure between CommunitySuite and Stripe at any point between when Stripe records a payment intent (this is when the user clicks Pay with Credit Card), and when a user enters their credit card information and clicks Pay in Stripe.
There are a number of scenarios that can cause this, but but here a few of the most common:
- A user gets to the Stripe payment screen, but uses the web browser's back button to return to the checkout screen (before clicking Pay in Stripe).
- If a user needs to return to the checkout screen in the Donation Portal, they should use the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the Stripe payment screen.
- A user gets to the Stripe payment screen, and closes the payment screen.
- The Donor leaves the Stripe payment screen open for an extended period of time and the connection times out.
- The Donor's internet connection fails while entering their credit card information (before they click Pay).
It's important to note that any Stripe transaction that's initiated from CommunitySuite will show as Unpaid for a short amount of time (while CommunitySuite and Stripe communicate), however, this should only last a few seconds under normal circumstances. What this section is referring to are Stripe transactions that have been "stuck" for extended periods of time (24 hours or more).