GrantHub has fields within each grant Opportunity to track high-level grant information such as Amount Requested and Amount Awarded. There are also text fields that allow you to add notes about the grant - either financial-related information or other types of notes.
GrantHub also supports users attaching documents to grant opportunities - such as budget files made in Excel - that can contain information such as budget, amounts spent, amounts received, etc. That information is contained in an Excel file and would need to be edited and re-uploaded when any changes are made. We currently do not have specific fields in GrantHub that allow you track detailed expenses, payments received, or comparisons between grant budget amounts and actual amounts in separate fields.
GrantHub also has the ability to create Tasks under each grant Opportunity which can be used to capture and track grant payments and expenses. By using a task, you can continually update the deadline and use the same task to track updates through the life of the grant. When GrantHub users utilize a Task to track payments and expenses associated with the grant opportunity, they either make notes in the description field or attach a grant budget-to-actual tracking spreadsheet to the task.
Steps to use an Opportunity Task used to track grant expenses and receipts:
- Create a new task specifically for tracking spend down of the grant.
- If you have a 'budget' or expectation of the expenses and timeframes, include it in description or as an attachment.
- Set the deadline for the task at the first interval you want to record an update on actual expenses or money received.
- Once that dates comes, you can update the information in the description with expenses/money received or update the attached spreadsheet with details and re-upload it to the task in GrantHub. You can keep multiple versions of the sheet, or delete the previous version.
- You can just change the deadline for the task to the next update (you don’t need to create multiple tasks).
- You can also add updates to the task description so you see the latest info when you open the task.