Users are the people who have access to your NonprofitCore site. Employees, board members, interns, and volunteers are examples of users. All users require a user account.
Site administrators invite users into the system by sending email invitations. Once received, users follow the emailed instructions to complete account set up. Users are automatically given View Only access; and if additional permissions are required, site administrators adjust access accordingly. Permissions are cumulative, so multiple can be given to a user as they relate to their responsibilities.
Default Permission Roles
Currently, the available permission roles are as follows:
- Admin - Has access to all functionality.
- View - Has access to view all data but cannot perform any functions.
- Accounting Admin - Has majority access to Accounting. This is useful for individuals who need to follow and manage transactions and accounts through their entire cycle.
- Accounting admin has access to almost all functionality in Accounting as well as imports, profiles, notes, and tasks. The accounting admin cannot add revenue or expenses and can only view deposits and payments.
- Accounting Staff 1 & 2 - Has limited access to Accounting. Can add new accounts and new services, and they can see journal entries and budgets. However, they cannot access all of the financial reports or edit expense/revenue entries. This is useful for individuals who need to manage their accounts and services but don't need to post or unpost any financial entries.
- Accounting Staff 1 has mostly full access to Accounting. They can add, edit, save, post/unpost, and delete within most of Accounting. They can also create, view, and send within correspondence, notes, and tasks.
- Accounting staff 2 has limited access to Accounting. They have view only access to most of Accounting but can edit, unpost, and add within payments, expenses, and revenue. They can also create, send, and view correspondences, notes, and tasks.
- Fundraising Admin - Has full access to Fundraising. This is useful for individuals who need to manage opportunities and their corresponding notes and tasks. These individuals also have limited access to Accounting. They are able to view and sort within most of the Accounting. In addition, they can download a template or import a file for revenue, expenses, and opportunities data.
- Fundraising Staff 1 & 2 - Has limited access to Fundraising. Can create new opportunities and custom fields but cannot add new donation options or promote opportunities.
- Fundraising Staff 1 has limited access to Accounting. They can view and sort within almost all of Accounting with the exception of financials.
- Fundraising Staff 2 has limited access to Accounting. They have the same permissions as Fundraising Staff 1 except that they have full access to revenue with the exception of posting entries.
Generally speaking, it's advantageous to have a limited amount of users assigned the Admin role. Other users' assigned roles should reflect the duties they perform.
For specific permissions by role visit the following resources.
Additional User Information
If users can access more than one site, then their permission roles need to be set per site. Permission roles can vary by site.
If users' permission roles do not grant access to an area, then the link to the area will be gray.