Users are the people who have access to your NonprofitCore site. Employees, board members, interns, and volunteers are examples of users. All users require a user account.
Site administrators invite users into the system by sending email invitations. Once received, users follow the emailed instructions to complete account set up. Users are automatically given View Only access; and if additional permissions are required, site administrators adjust access accordingly.
Default Permission Roles
Currently, the available permission roles are as follows:
- No user role - Do not have permission to the NonprofitCore workspace at all.
- View and Admin - Need both permission roles to access all data in the site.
- Accounting Admin - Has full access to NonprofitCore Accounting. This is useful for individuals who need to follow and manage transactions and accounts through their entire cycle.
- Accounting Staff 1 & 2 - Has limited access to NonprofitCore Accounting. Can add new accounts and new services, and they can see journal entries and budgets. However, they cannot access all of the financial reports or edit expense/revenue entries. This is useful for individuals who need to manage their accounts and services, but don't need to post or unpost any financial entries.
- Accounting Staff 1 has mostly full access to NonprofitCore Accounting. They can add, edit, save, post/unpost, and delete within most of Accounting. They can also create, view, and send within correspondence, notes, and tasks.
- Accounting staff 2 has limited access to NonprofitCore Accounting. They have view only access to most of NonprofitCore Accounting, but can edit, unpost, and add within payments, expenses, and revenue. They can also create, send, and view correspondences, notes, and tasks.
- Fundraising Admin - Has full access to NonprofitCore Fundraising. This is useful for individuals who need to manage opportunities and their corresponding notes and tasks. These individuals also have limited access to NonprofitCore Accounting. They are able to view and sort within most of the NonprofitCore Accounting. In addition, they can download a template or import a file for revenue, expenses, and opportunities data.
- Fundraising Staff 1 & 2 - Has limited access to NonprofitCore Fundraising. Can create new opportunities and custom fields but cannot add new donation options or promote opportunities.
- Fundraising Staff 1 has limited access to NonprofitCore Accounting. They can view and sort within almost all of NonprofitCore Accounting with the exception of financials.
- Fundraising Staff 2 has limited access to NonprofitCore Accounting. They have the same permissions as Fundraising Staff 1 except that they have full access to revenue with the exception of posting entries.
Generally speaking, it's advantageous to have a limited amount of users assigned the Admin role. Other users' assigned roles should reflect the duties they perform.
For specific permissions by role visit the following resources.
- Admin: Role Specific Permissions
- View: Role Specific Permissions
- Accounting: Role Specific Permissions
- Fundraising: Role Specific Permissions
Additional User Information
If users can access more than one NonprofitCore site, then their permission roles need to be set per site. Permission roles can vary by site.
If users' permission roles do not grant access to an area, then the link to the area will be gray.