Direct Debit, a payment method available when a CommunitySuite site is in Australia, can be entered two ways:
- A donor or fund advisor selects Direct Debit when contributing through the online donation portal.
- A user manually Creates a Profile Payment.
Online Direct Debit
After a donor utilizing the online donation portal selects the fund(s) and amount(s) they want to donate, enters their contact information, and clicks Review, they have an option to Pay With Direct Debit.
The Account Name defaults to the name the donor entered but they can override it. The donor enters their BSB Number and Account Number on this screen.
When a fund advisor clicks Donate while logged into their fund advisor portal, they have the same option to pay with direct debit. Since they're logged into their account, they can save this payment method. While entering their Account Name and BSB Number, if they check Save Account and enter a Saved Nickname, that account will be saved.
It will appear as a payment method when making future contributions through the fund advisor portal.
Manually Create a Direct Debit Payment
- Follow the steps to create a profile payment.
- When Australian clients create a profile payment, Direct Debit appears as a payment method.
- Select Direct Debit and fill in the account and BSB information:
- Bank Account Name automatically fills with the profile name but can be overwritten.
- Fill in Bank Account Number, Confirm Bank Account Number, BSB Number, and Confirm BSB Number.
- These are the same fields donors populate when using Direct Debit in the online donation portal.
After a Direct Debit payment has been entered, it appears in Undeposited and Recent Donations.
To process ABA:
- Click on Show Till in the left-side menu.
- Click Reconcile in the Unreconciled Direct Debit Transactions section.
- Enter the Deposit Date and Deposit Account. The date you record passes through to the ABA file. Deposit account is the bank account where the money needs to be transferred.
- Select the profile payments you want to include in this ABA file.
- Click Reconcile.
- Click Download ABA File on the left-side menu.
- Enter the same Account and Payment Date that you entered on the previous screen, then click Export.