This article addresses how to add households to a campaign list when a household member is on the list but you want to communicate with the household record. Here are some examples that may lead to this situation:
- You are tracking your board members, who have Individual profiles, using organizational roles. You want to send a communication to the board members that includes their spouse name in the address and greeting lines.
- You send an annual report to all donors. You have instances where an Individual has donated but their Household profile has not. This is common with online donations, which are attributed to Individual or Organization profiles. You want the annual report to be addressed to the household.
Add Household to Campaign that Contains Household Member
- Build your communication list.
- Navigate to the Reports page.
- Click [Create] next to Campaign Profile under Custom Reports.
- In Available Fields, click Profile ID to add that field to the report. Click Household Profile ID to add that field to the report. You can add other columns like Name or Event Name, but Profile ID and Household Profile ID are the only required columns.
- Once Profile ID is on any custom report, the left-side menu bulk actions, including Add to Campaign, become available.
- Click Filter.
- Click Event Date ID.
- Each Campaign has a unique ID. You need this for the Event Date ID filter. Retrieve that ID by going to the Campaigns page, then click List on the left-side menu.
- Filter to your Campaign ID.
- Click [checkboxes].
- Click your Campaign ID.
- Click Apply Filter Report (under the list of Campaign ID's).
- Click Apply Filter Report.
- Click Export.
- Open the downloaded file. Delete everything except the Household Profile ID's. Upload the household profile ID's.
- You now have a custom report with the Household Profile ID's of any household member who was in your campaign whose household was not in the campaign.
- Click Add to Campaign from the left-side menu.
Your campaign now contains the households of all household members that met your original campaign invite criteria. Both households and members are in the campaign, but you can de-duplicate this list for your mailing. After you've exported your mailing list, sort the Type column and remove Guests. Guests are individuals in the campaign whose household is also in the campaign.