Follow up forms can be assigned to a request while you're approving the request, or after it's been approved. Instructions on assigning follow ups to a single request are available in Assign Follow Ups to a Request.
You also have the option to assign follow up forms to multiple requests in a batch after the requests are approved. The steps to do so are below.
- Navigate to the Approved or All Open Approvals workload page.
- Check the Box for each request that you'd like to assign follow ups to in this batch. The requests must be from the same process or opportunity (for the universal application feature).
- Click Batch Options, then click Assign Follow Ups.
- Check the Box for each follow up form to assign to all requests in this batch.
- If a selected follow up form has already been assigned to a request in the batch, the existing assignment won't be affected (the system won't assign it again or make any changes to the form for that request).
- If you configured an auto due date for any of the follow up forms in the process/universe, a checkmark appears in the Auto Due Date column. If an auto due date is not configured, set the due date now.
- Keep in mind that the due date applies to all requests being assigned the follow up in this batch.
- If an auto due date is set for a follow up but you need to adjust it for particular requests, you can do so by assigning the follow up to each request individually.
- The follow up forms will be assigned to the request owner (applicant) for each request.
- If you need to instead assign another contact at the organization (for GLM sites), you can do so by assigning the follow up to each request individually.
- If the request owner isn't set (which is possible if the request was manually entered), the system will not assign follow ups to that request in the batch.
- Click Assign Selected Follow Ups.
It is not possible to unassign follow up forms in a batch, so use caution when batch assigning! Any adjustments to assigned follow ups must be done individually for each request.
- If a large number of follow ups and/or requests are selected, you'll see a pop-up explaining that the action is being completed in the background, and the system will notify you via another pop-up when it's finished.
- If an automatic email is configured to send when any of the selected follow ups are assigned, those automatic emails will be sent.