The NonprofitCore Donation Hub is an external facing website your nonprofit can use to promote multiple opportunities such as campaigns, volunteer events, and galas. Donors can use the donation hub to give donations directly to your nonprofit either through an actual donation or by purchasing tickets to an event.
Create a Donation Hub provides detailed instructions for how to set up and manage your donation hub.
Donors can see all opportunities located within the carousel at the top of the donation hub. By clicking the gray arrow buttons, donors can scroll through added opportunities. The opportunities you want to add can be selected within your NonprofitCore site. Each opportunity includes the following details:
- Donations levels
- These can be set within your NonprofitCore site.
- Opportunity image
- This image can be uploaded within your NonprofitCore site.
- Progress bar
- This reflects how much of the opportunity's goal has been reached.
- Goals can be set within the specific opportunity's profile page located within NonprofitCore Fundraising.
Under your nonprofit's opportunities, your donors will see the total amount of their donations.
- Donors will also be given an opportunity to cover the transaction fees for their donation.
- Accounting: Covering Transaction Fees provides additional information on how to properly account for the credit card/bank fee coverage within Accounting.
- Donors may select additional options that are enabled through the configurations menu on the Donation Hub page. These are displayed underneath the Donation Total.
Any donation custom fields will appear with the added opportunity or below the "Your Information" section depending on whether the custom field is assigned to the Donation Hub or to an individual opportunity form.
A donor has the option to make a donation in honor of someone. If Dedicate my donation in honor of someone is checked, the option to add honoree information appears. The donor has three options to chose from to notify the honoree of their donation.
- Email - If this option is selected, the donor will need to enter the honoree's first name, last name, and email address.
- Physical Mail - If this option is selected, the donor will need to enter the honoree's first name, last name, address, city, state, and zip. Entering a phone number is optional.
- None - If this option is selected, the only information they will need to enter is the honoree's name and an optional message.
Donor Contact and Payment Information
At the bottom of the donation hub, your donors will enter their contact and payment information. Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
- When a donor enters the same first name, last name, and email address of an existing profile, the existing profile is associated with the donation and no duplicate profiles are created.
- When a donor enters a new first name, last name, and email address a new profile is created and associated with the donation.
- Once a donation has been made, an automatic acknowledgement is sent to the donor's email. A record of the acknowledgement email can be found under Communication History on the donor's profile.
The Company field is available for donors to complete if they wish to disclose the company they are affiliated with.
- If your donor enters invalid credit card information, an error message containing instructions on how to correct the issue will be displayed.