Foundant offers three certificates related to managing grants and scholarships in our software:
- Foundant Grant Management Certificate
- Foundant Scholarship Management Certificate
- Foundant Scholarship Management+ Certificate
Earning one of these certificates is a great way to test and demonstrate your knowledge of these areas in the products. Plus, you'll have the option to print a physical certificate, and to receive a badge in Compass. To earn a certificate, pass the corresponding certificate exam with a 90% or higher.
Foundant Certificates: General Information
A Foundant certificate demonstrates your understanding of fundamental features and workflows in the system. Below are details on the scope of each certificate:
- Foundant Grant Management Certificate - This demonstrates your knowledge of common workflows and features across all areas of Foundant's Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) product. The exam does not include questions related to Standard+2 or Advanced License features.
- Foundant Scholarship Management Certificate - This demonstrates your knowledge of common workflows across all areas of Foundant's Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) product. The exam does not include questions related to Standard+2 or Advanced License features.
- Foundant Scholarship Management+ Certificate - This demonstrates your knowledge of common workflows across all areas of Foundant's Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) product, specifically focused on the use of the Universal Application feature.
General details about the Foundant certificates are available below:
- The certificates do not expire.
- Once you've tested your knowledge on the fundamentals and earned your certificate, we encourage you to continue learning! Rather than retaking the same exam, we hope you'll take part in our other educational opportunities, such as our expert training webinars.
- The certificate exams are designed to be taken once you've worked in your GLM/SLM site for at least one grant or scholarship cycle, or approximately a year.
- You're welcome to attempt the exams at any time, but the questions are built to test your knowledge of working in different areas of the software.
- A score of at least 90% is required to pass each exam and earn the corresponding certificate.
- You can retake each exam as many times as needed.
- If you have difficulty with some of the questions, we encourage you to revisit the related content in Foundant Courses or the Support Hub. It's also be a good opportunity to explore an area of the software you're less familiar with. Reach out to your Success Team if this brings up any questions about how you might use a new feature or workflow to your benefit.
- When working on an exam, the system will not save your work if you close the exam or your browser, or if your GLM/SLM logs you out after a long idle period.
- Please be sure you're prepared to complete the exam once you start it!
Earning a Foundant Certificate
The certificate exam(s) relevant to the product you use are available in Foundant Courses in your Sandbox site. For example, if you use a GLM site, you'll see the Foundant Grant Management Certificate Exam available in Foundant Courses.
Once you pass the exam, you'll receive a congratulatory email within two weeks. The email contains a link where you can print your exam, and choose to opt in for a Compass badge indicating your achievement.
Follow the instructions below to access a certificate exam:
- In your Sandbox site, click the Foundant Courses icon.
- Scroll down the list of courses and click the relevant certificate exam Course.
- The lesson labeled Start Here contains reminders about the exam before you begin.
- Click Start Exam when you're ready to take the certificate exam.