This article contains linked resources that may be utilized to assist Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) and Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) administrators who are new to grantmaking or providing scholarships.
Networking and Peer Groups
The following resources detail nationally and internationally recognized organizations that provide free and paid training opportunities, networking groups, and research-based best practices.
- Council on Foundations
- Role-Focused Peer Communities
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
- Kansas Association of Community Foundations
- National Center for Family Philanthropy
- Exponent Philanthropy | Guiding Lean Funders
- Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy
- Regional Philanthropy Groups
- Community Foundations of Canada
- Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
Grantmaking Classes/Professional Development
The following resources detail fee-based nationally recognized grants management courses.
The following resources detail information that helps with understanding the language and terminology of the philanthropic sector.
IRS Regulation and Foundation Law
The following resource details foundation law and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines.
Best Practices in Grant Making
The following resources detail nationally and internationally recognized organizations that provide research-based industry best practices.
Resources for/about Nonprofits
The following resources detail organizations providing resources for the nonprofit sector.
Resources for/about Scholarships
The following resources detail information for staff at foundations working with scholarship funds and scholarship programs.
Foundant Support Hub Articles
The following resources detail Foundant GLM and SLM support articles related to due diligence and the basics of using the software.