This article explains the steps for you to take when an applicant requests a response from you as a third party. For example, this could be a request for you to write a letter of recommendation, or for you to upload a specific document. Please note that your responses or any documents you upload as a third party are not visible to the applicant.
Third Party Workflow
- In addition to an email written by the applicant explaining their request, you'll receive an automatic email from the system. The automatic email contains the link to your third party dashboard, where you can complete the request. Click the link in the body of the email.
- You'll land on your third party dashboard, which contains all of your third party requests associated with this foundation. Click any column header to sort the requests on your dashboard. The following information is displayed in the columns:
- The applicant requesting your response.
- The foundation to which the applicant is submitting an application.
- The process, which is the funding opportunity.
- The date the applicant sent the request to you.
- You can view the status of each request in the far left column.
- A red exclamation point indicates that you haven't submitted your responses for that request.
- A green checkmark indicates that you have submitted your responses for that request, so no further action is needed.
- To complete a specific third party request, click Edit next to the request.
- Complete the fields on the form, then click Save as Draft or Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Clicking Save as Draft allows you to leave the site and return later to submit your responses.
- Click Submit when you're finished filling out your responses. You will not be able to edit your responses after doing so.