Testing untested opportunities is necessary in two situations:
- After adding a new opportunity to a universe that has already accepted applications.
- After toggling on an opportunity that was previously toggled off, when the universe has already accepted applications.
Retesting eligibility results does not work in these situations because applicants were never tested against the eligibility rules for these opportunities. The Untested Opportunities tab in the Eligibility Center must be used instead.
Test Untested Opportunities
- Click Search and then click Eligibility Center.
- Click the Untested Opportunities tab.
- Enter the Name of the opportunity and then click Search.
- The Untested Count column displays the number of universe requests that have not been tested for eligibility for the opportunity.
If "No Rules" displays instead, this means that the opportunity does not contain any eligibility rules so a test cannot be completed. For example, this would occur if you added an opportunity for which all applicants should be eligible. In this situation, you could add a rule group configured for the opportunity with a rule that all applicants will pass (e.g. GPA greater than 0). Contact Support if you have questions about this situation.
- Click the paper icon to test the untested universe requests against the eligibility rules for this opportunity.
- For applicants found eligible for the opportunity, the system will automatically submit their request for that opportunity if there are no supplemental questions. If there are supplemental questions, applicants can access the new request from their dashboard to submit it.
- Best practice is to communicate with applicants in this scenario because they're not automatically notified about the new request. The Application Draft workload page contains the new requests, so a batch email could be sent from that page.