There are times where you may want to link to a budget template in an application question, insert an image in a process description, etc. You can do this by using the rich text editor. In order to link a file using the rich text editor in your Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)/Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) site, the file must be hosted on another website. That makes a URL available for the file, which you can then insert as a link or image in your site.
Two main hosting options for files and images are listed below. Once the file is hosted and you've copied the URL, it can then be inserted as a link or image in your site.
- Your foundation's website:
- If the file or image already exists on your website, right-click on the file or image and copy the link (select Copy Image Address if it's an image).
- If the file or image does not already exist, you'll need to ask your web developer to add it for you. Some suggested language is available below:
- If you need a public link that is publicly available to anyone who visits your website: "We'd like this file added to our website (specify where) with a public link. We need our applicants to be able to download the file (if this applies in your situation). Please email me the link when it's available so that I can insert it in our (grants or scholarships) software."
- If you need a private link that is not publicly available on your website, but accessible via the link that you'll insert in your GLM/SLM site: "We'd like this file added to our website, but do not want it to have a public link. We plan to insert the link in our (grants or scholarships) software and need our applicants to be able to download the file (if this applies in your situation). Please email me the link when it's available."
- When updating a file that's already hosted on your foundation's website, remember that if the URL changes with the update, you'll need to also update the inserted link in your GLM/SLM site.
- A cloud-based file storage service, such as box.com.
- Specific instructions will vary based on the service you choose. Instructions for box.com are available in Host Documents on Box.com.