Use Statement Vouchers to record Bank Fees, Investment Fees and Interest. You can also use Statement Vouchers to record the accrual and reversal of interest or dividends where applicable.
To create a Statement Voucher:
1. Navigate to the Accounts page.
2. Select the Asset Account number.
3. Click Add Fee/Interest from the left-side menu.
- If the account does not have a Vendor assigned, you will be required to choose one.
- Note: If you need to record accruals, you will need to create a separate Statement Voucher for only those line items.
4. In the Create Statement Voucher window, complete the following:
- Statement Date
- Select a Revenue Share Fund if the account is in a pool and you want to allocate investment activity across participating funds.
- Select any other Fund if the account is held by only one fund and does not need to be shared out.
- Reference Number - Usually located on the invoice (if left blank a unique ID number will be assigned).
- Attachments - Attach a file that's associated with the Voucher (optional).
5. In the Items Window, enter all Fees, Interest, Dividends, Losses and Gains:
- Select an Account.
- Enter a Description.
- Enter the Amount for each line item.
6. Click Save.
7. OPTIONAL: If you’re recording accrued interest or dividends, click Edit from the left side menu. Enter in an accrual account and reversal date and then resave.
Once you’ve saved the Statement Voucher the final step is to click Post from the left menu.
To edit a Statement Voucher:
- 1. Navigate to the Statement Voucher.
- 2. If Posted, select Unpost from the left-side menu.
- 3. Click Edit from the left-side menu.
- 4. Make any edits and click Save.
- 5. Select Post from the left-side menu.
Statement Vouchers do not create a Check, the entry just adds or removes money directly. Use a standard Voucher if you plan to pay your Vendors electronically or with a check.
CommunitySuite retains a list of the most recent Statement Vouchers in the Recent Statement Vouchers table. If your statement is similar to one created in the past, click Copy and your Statement Voucher will populate with the associated Investment Holding Fund, the Revenue and Expense Accounts, the Description and the previous Amount. Be sure to edit the details to reflect the current statement.