Cancel a scholarship award if the award isn't moving forward, but you'd like to keep a record in CommunitySuite.
Use Case Examples:
- The scholarship recipient lost eligibility for the scholarship before payment and you need to transfer the money back into the granting fund or to an alternate student.
- The scholarship award was refunded, and you need to transfer the award money back into the granting fund or to an alternate student.
- Navigate to Scholarships from the Home page.
- Click the Open scholarship bucket.
- Click the ID of the scholarship you want to cancel.
- Click Cancel in the left side menu.
- Enter the Cancel Date.
- If the scholarship has an alternate student who you'd like to transfer the award to, click the box next to Award to Alternate.
- Once the primary scholarship award is cancelled, a new scholarship award will automatically be created for the alternate student.
- Click the box next to Terminated to indicate that the scholarship is terminated, the student will not have a chance to receive the funds again.
- If you cancel without clicking the Terminated box the scholarship will move back to the new bucket.
- If you cancel and do click the box next to Terminated, the scholarship will be removed from the new bucket.
- With cancel, you can award the funds again if the student changes their mind. With terminated, there is no chance to award the student again.
- Click Cancel Scholarship.
- A scholarship award must be open and unpaid in order to cancel.
- If no payments have been made, the entire amount will be canceled. However, if multiple payments exist, only the unpaid payment amount will appear in the Cancel Amount row within the Scholarship Recipient summary.
- If a scholarship check was returned before being cashed, enter it as a refund check (money coming in) to offset the expense.