The Post by Payment option for scholarship awards allows full potential awards to be recorded in CommunitySuite with the ability to post individual payment lines to the general ledger rather than the full award at one time. When this option is selected, the total award amount can be increased as needed. Set Scholarships as Post by Payment provides an overview of setting scholarship as post by payment.
If you utilize the integration with Scholarship Lifecycle Management (SLM), setting post by payment for a renewable scholarship award synced to CommunitySuite allows you to manage the award through the original request. Until payment line items are posted in CommunitySuite, you can edit or remove the corresponding installments in SLM and that information automatically syncs to CommunitySuite. Additional installments can also be added in SLM until the full award is posted in CommunitySuite. When post by payment is set for a scholarship award, you have the option to post one payment line item at a time or to post payments in a batch.
Post Payments Individually
- Navigate to the scholarship award, and then click Move to Open in the left-side menu.
- Click [set].
- Enter the School/Grantee.
- Click [set] to approve the payment.
- Click [pay].
- Clicking [pay] creates the general ledger entry, scholarship payable, and expense.
- If Auto Post is set at the scholarship level, clicking [pay] automatically moves the scholarship to accounts payable.
- If the school is not confirmed by the student, consider disabling Auto Post so that the school can be changed if needed by deleting the associated grant record.
Complete the scholarship payment process by posting and getting approval or by using auto approval.
Post Payments in Batch
- Navigate to the Open scholarships bucket. Click Filter to filter the list as desired.
- Click Batch Pay in the left-side menu.
- Enter the Payments Before date to narrow the results if needed, and then click Update.
- Check the boxes next to the payments to post and pay.
- Click Pay Scholarships.
Post by Payment: Integration with SLM
The post by payment option gives you the ability to manage a renewable scholarship award in SLM. Adjustments can be made to installments in SLM, which correspond with payment line items in CommunitySuite.
When post by payment is set for a scholarship award that's synced to SLM, additional installments can be added in SLM with that information syncing automatically to CommunitySuite until the full award is posted in CommunitySuite.
Before the full award is posted in CommunitySuite, adjustments to existing installments can also be made in SLM. If a payment line item is not posted in CommunitySuite, the corresponding installment can be edited or removed in SLM, and that information automatically syncs back to CommunitySuite.
- If a payment line item is unposted in CommunitySuite, an Unlocked icon is visible on the installment in SLM.
- If a payment line item is posted in CommunitySuite, a Locked icon is visible on the installment in SLM.