The eReport map is a feature supported by Candid as part of their Electronic Reporting Program. By contributing your data to Candid, you receive a free, interactive, custom mapping tool which provides a visual representation of how your funding was dispersed geographically.
Generate Your eReport
When you request Foundant start building your eReport, we will pull all of the standard fields into a Saved Report for you. Contact Support to get your report started. You will be notified via email when the report is complete. Once you are satisfied with your eReport, please complete the following steps to submit your data to Candid.
- Click Reporting in the upper navigation bar, then select Reports & Data Sets.
- Click Run Report to the right of your eReport, located in your Saved Reports.
- Once you’ve reviewed the report, click Export to CSV to export the data to a spreadsheet.
- Save the spreadsheet to your computer, then attach it to an email.
- Do not add any formatting to the report.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line of the email should be, "eReport for <Your Foundation Name> – Foundant Client".
- CC the Client Success Team on this email.
Within a couple of weeks, Candid will provide your map information to Foundant. The map will be turned on and you will be notified when your detailed map is ready.
- Click Reporting, then select eReport Map from the navigation menu to access it.
- Click into the map and click on the pins to view giving details.
Update Your eReport
Typically, administrators will send data updates to Candid yearly, but you can update your data at any time.
- Adjust any date filters or selected processes on your saved eReport to generate the updated data so that the previously submitted data does not pull in to the report.
- Export the report and submit it to Candid using the same process as above.
- Remember to include "eReport for <Your Foundation Name> – Foundant Client" in the subject line of the email.
Here is an example of an eReport map with the red pins showing the locations where grants were given.