Vouchers are used to pay vendors and employees. Vendors can include nonprofits, grantees, businesses, and people you pay. Vouchers pay all incoming bills, payments to employees, payment of employee benefits, expenses for events, office supplies, scholarships, and grants.
Vouchers are organized into voucher buckets, which provide clarity of voucher status and improve workflow. The voucher buckets listed below are available on the Vouchers page.
- New - Contains new vouchers that were created directly from the Vouchers page.
- Approval - Contains vouchers that are waiting to be approved.
- Posted - Contains vouchers that have been posted. Vouchers generated from grants will move directly into this bucket.
- Paid - Contains vouchers that have gone through accounts payable and been paid.
- Canceled - Contains a list of any vouchers that have been canceled.
Vouchers can be created or imported to pay vendors and employees. Statement vouchers are used to record investment returns, bank fees, and interest.
Special Types of Vouchers
AP clearing vouchers are typically used during migration and can be used for specific situations after discussing with the Client Success Team. Multifund vouchers can be used to send a vendor one check from multiple funds.
Refund or Cancel a Voucher
If money needs to be returned to a fund, then a refund can be processed. In the event a voucher needs to be canceled, it must have already been approved and posted. Reversing entries are created when a voucher is canceled.
Voucher settings can enable or disable specific functionality. Site custom content allows users to add custom text and messages to specific fields in this area. The vouchers dashboard provides a summarized view of voucher information.