The collaborator feature allows applicants to work together on a single request. With this feature, applicants can also add a new user to their organization in your site (Grant Lifecycle Manager only) without contacting an administrator.
This feature is included with the Basic license and above. Please reach out to the Support to enable this feature in your site. When enabled, the option to invite collaborators will appear for all of your applicants.
The collaborator feature helps address several common scenarios, including:
- Multiple applicants from an organization need to work together on a request.
- An applicant needs someone else to upload a document, fill out certain questions, or sign off on their request (e.g. a fiscal sponsor, executive director).
- An applicant needs an efficient way for someone else to view and (in some cases) submit their request.
- An organization works with a grant writer.
- An organization has a new staff member who would like to submit a request.
Below are the basics on how this feature works for your reference. For a detailed tutorial that can be shared with your applicants, please refer to Applicant Tutorial - Collaborator.
- An applicant must go through registration as usual. Once they open the first form in the process (either an LOI or application), they will see the option to invite collaborators to the request in the top right corner of the page. This option will also appear on any follow up forms assigned to the request.
- Once the applicant clicks Collaborate, they will see a pop-up that prompts them to enter the email address of the person they're inviting to collaborate, type a message, and select the permission level (view, edit, or submit) for the collaborator.
- Within the collaborator pop-up, the applicant can also manage existing collaborators. They can resend an invitation, change permission levels, or remove a collaborator from their request.
- On the Request Summary page for a specific request, the Collaborate button is accessible in the top right of the page.
- Click Collaborate to see any added collaborators, invite collaborators to the request, and change the permission levels of the current collaborators.