Inviting Collaborators to Your Request
- Click Collaborate in the upper right corner of the screen as you’re working on a form within your request (e.g. the LOI, application, a follow up form).
- In the pop-up that appears:
- Enter the email address for the person you’d like to collaborate with on your request.
- Type a message to that person, letting them know what you need them to do.
- Select the permission level for this collaborator (view, edit, or submit).
- Please note: these collaborator permissions apply to all forms within your request (e.g. the application and any follow ups assigned to you). If you select edit, for example, the collaborator can edit any forms within your request.
- Click Invite.
- The system now sends an email invitation to the collaborator.
- After sending the invitation, you’ll see options in the pop-up for managing the collaborator you just invited (as well as any other collaborators you already invited). Here you can:
- View the status of the invitation (i.e. whether or not it’s been accepted).
- Resend the invitation.
- Edit the collaborator’s permission level.
- Remove the collaborator from your request.
- After you click Invite, the collaborator receives an email from the system with your message and a link to log on.
- When the collaborator clicks the link in the email, they’re brought to the Register page (if they haven’t already registered for an account).
- Once they’ve registered, clicking the link will bring them to the Logon page.
- After registering or logging on, the collaborator lands on their dashboard. The request you invited them to collaborate on is located in the Collaboration Requests tab.
- They’ll see a link to view or edit (depending upon their permissions and the status of the form) each available form in your request.
Adding New Users to Your Organization
The collaborator feature can be used to add a new user under your organization in a site without contacting the site’s grant administrator.
- From any existing or new request, click Collaborate at the top of a form.
- From the Collaborate pop-up, enter the email address of the person you want to invite to your organization in the site.
- Select the Can view permission level.
- Type a message to the new user, including the instructions below, and select Invite. You may copy and paste this example message if you’d like.
Please register as a contact with our organization following the steps below.
- Click the link below, enter your name and a new password, then click Register.
- At the top of the dashboard, click Apply.
- Click Complete Registration.
- Click into the Organization drop-down box and select our organization.
- Complete the additional required fields and click Save.
You have now been added to the site under our organization and can log in using your email address and password.
- If the invited user follows the instructions above, they will be added as a contact under your organization in the site and will have completed their full user registration. This means that they can start new requests in the site just as you can.
Please note: depending upon the settings configured by the site’s administrator, the new user may or may not be able to view your organization’s historical requests in the site.