When this setting is enabled in your site, you have the option to override the default applicant visibility for requests in an internal process, or to override the default visibility of a specific request for an applicant.
By default, applicants can see requests you've entered for them in an internal process once those requests are approved or denied. If you want those requests to be visible to the applicants earlier in the process, or if you never want the requests to be visible to the applicants, you can configure the visibility using the applicant visibility override setting.
Another use for the applicant visibility override setting is in specific scenarios with a particular request. For example, let's say you're manually entering a request in a public process, but don't want the request to be visible to the applicant in your site until a later time. You could set the applicant visibility for that request to Hide, and then later change it to Show.
Enable the Applicant Visibility Override Setting
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your site to access your Site Settings page.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Enable Applicant Visibility Override setting.
- Select True, and then click OK.
Set Applicant Visibility at the Process Level
Choose one of the following options in the drop-down to set the applicant visibility for requests in this process:
- Blank (no selection) - Requests in this process will be visible to applicants once they're approved or denied. This is the default visibility for requests in an internal process.
- Show - Requests in this process will be visible to applicants as soon as they are created.
- Hide - Requests in this process will not be visible to applicants.
- This also hides the request from the applicant on their Organization History page (if applicable).
The setting that you select will be in effect for all requests in the process, even those that were already created.
Set Applicant Visibility at the Request Level
Under Advanced Options, you'll see an Applicant Visibility drop-down.
Choose one of the following options in the drop-down to set the applicant visibility for this request:
- Default to Process Visibility - This request will follow the process-level visibility setting. This is the default option for all requests in a process, meaning they follow the process-level setting unless you select another option.
- For example, if this is a public process, the request will be visible to the applicant as soon as it's created.
- Show - This request will be visible to the applicant as soon as it's created.
- Hide - This request will not be visible to the applicant.