Administrators can assign users with the Grants Manager role to specific processes or specific requests. For example, if a grants manager only needs to work with requests in the Summer Grant Process, assigning them to only that process means that they will only see requests in that process on their dashboard.
Assigning a grants manager to specific requests can be used in different ways depending upon your workflow. It can be used to help a grants manager track requests for which they have responsibilities while allowing them to access other requests, or it can be used to restrict a grants manager's access to only the requests for which they have responsibilities.
Assign a Grants Manager to a Process
There are two options available for assigning grants managers to processes.
- Make these assignments within each process, which allows you to efficiently assign multiple grants managers to a process.
- Make these assignments within the Edit User page for each grants manager, which allows you to efficiently assign a particular grants manager to multiple processes.
Assign Within the Process
- Click Tools on the upper navigation bar, and then click Process Manager.
- Click the process name.
- Click Assign Users.
- Check the box for each grants manager who should be assigned to this process, and then click Save Assignments.
- Repeat these steps for as many processes as needed.
Assign from the Edit User Page
- Click Search on the upper navigation bar, and then click Users.
- Enter the applicable Search Criteria fields, and then click Search.
- Click the pencil icon for the grants manager.
- Click Assign Processes.
- Check the box for each process you would like to assign to the grants manager, and then click Save.
Assign a Grants Manager to a Specific Request
- From your dashboard, click the workload page that contains the request.
- Click the Project Name.
- Click Assign Users.
- Check the box next to each grants manager that should be assigned to this request, and then click Save Assignments.
- Repeat these steps for as many requests as needed.
- On the User Summary for a particular user, grants managers will see all of that user's requests, including those to which they are not assigned. However, they cannot navigate into a request if it is not assigned to them.
- For this reason, be careful about using grants manager request assignments to provide privacy on your site.
- Grants managers who are also evaluators will be able to see requests they are specifically assigned to review even if they have not been assigned to the request.
- Grants managers who have access to the reporting tool can see data from requests to which they are not assigned.
Filtered or Restricted View
When using the request assignment feature for grants managers, you have two options available for request visibility.
- Restricted - Grants managers can only view their assigned requests.
- Filtered - Grants managers can filter between their assigned requests and all requests.
This is a site-wide setting that will affect all grants managers in your system. Contact Support to adjust this setting in your site.
If you choose the filtered view, grants managers will see the option to view their requests or all requests at the top of their dashboard.
Grants Manger Role Site Settings
The following combination of site settings allows Grant Managers to be assigned to both specific processes and specific requests. When these settings are in place, the process filter setting overrules the request assignment setting so Grant Managers will not see the requests they are assigned unless they use the process filter to select the process for those requests. Applying these settings is the only way to navigate having Grant Managers be assigned to both specific processes and specific requests.
|Enable Process User Restriction||Grants Manager Request Assignment||Functionality|
|TRUE||OFF||When using the process filter button and when searching in Requests & Decisions, grants managers can only see requests in processes they are assigned to on their dashboard.|
This setting is not allowed. Enable Process User Restriction must be set to FALSE in order for Grants Manager Request Assignment to be set to RESTRICTED.
|TRUE||FILTERED||This combination of settings allows administrators to assign a grants manager to both processes and requests. The Enable Process User Restriction setting will always overrule the Request Assignment setting when using this combination for the grants manager role. The grants manager dashboard will show buttons for My Requests and All Requests.
|FALSE||OFF||This combination of settings allows the grants manger to see all requests in all processes. The My Requests and All Requests buttons will not display on the dashboard.|
This combination of settings will only show the grants manger their request assignments on the dashboard.
This combination of settings allows the grants manager to see all requests in all processes.