List question types allow the user to select from a list of options. You determine the list of available options when building the question. The Check Box List question type allows the user to select multiple options, while the Drop Down List, Radio Button List, and Scoring question types only allow the user to select one option.
Check Box List Question Type
A check box list allows the user to select as many options as needed. This is the only multi-select list question type.
Drop Down List Question Type
A drop down list allows the user to select only one option. The list options are hidden until the user clicks the arrow to expand the options. This question type is commonly used for a long list of options, as it allows the list to stay collapsed until it is needed.
Radio Button List Question Type
A radio button list allows the user to select only one option. Because the list options are always visible directly on the form, this question type is commonly used for a shorter list of options.
- List options can be reordered, and additional options can be added.
- List options can be edited by contacting Support. Keep in mind that edits will affect any existing data.
- List options cannot be deleted, but list options can be toggled off, making them inactive.
- Users who have not yet responded to the question will not see inactive list options. Users who already responded to the question and selected a now inactive option will still see the inactive list option, and their response will not be affected.
Scoring Question Type
A scoring question allows the user to select one numeric option from a preset range. This question type is commonly used on evaluation forms, as the system will automatically calculate the score given by an evaluator when these questions are built on the evaluation form.
- It is helpful to define the scoring range in the instruction field. For example, 1=below average, 2=average, 3=above average, etc.
- When building a scoring question, the N/A option can be provided.
- If an evaluator selects N/A for a question, that scoring question is removed from the total points possible when the system calculates the evaluation score.
- The system calculates the score by dividing the total points scored by the total points possible.
- When viewing the score from the Evaluation Assigned or Evaluation Closed workload pages or the Evaluation Summary page, only completed evaluations are included in the score calculation.
- Instructions on adding weights to scoring questions are available in Weighted Scoring Questions.