- Resource: SLM Fundamentals Training Webinar - Universal Application
- Information beginning at timestamp 29:55 pertains directly to the article topic.
If you utilize the integration between CommunitySuite and Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM), you can add payee (school) and student ID fields to a follow up form in SLM and that information syncs between the systems. This allows you to collect information from scholarship recipients about the school they'll be attending and their student ID, and automatically integrate that information to the scholarship record in CommunitySuite. The integrated school and student ID Fields are only available on follow up forms.
The steps involved in using this feature are listed below:
- Tag profiles as Schools in CommunitySuite, which adds them as options in the payee drop-down field in SLM. Refer to this article for more details: Set Grantees as Schools
- Add payee (school) fields and student ID field to at least one follow up form in SLM. Refer to this article for more details: Add School and Student ID Fields
- As scholarships are approved, sync them from SLM to CommunitySuite, or CommunitySuite to SLM. Assign the follow up containing the payee and student ID fields to each scholarship recipient. More details are available in the "Collect Information in Follow Up Forms" section below.
- Information entered in the payee and student ID fields syncs automatically to the scholarship record in CommunitySuite. Changes can be made to the fields in either system. When a user selects their school from the payee dropdown field in SLM, it updates all unpaid installments in CommunitySuite. More details are available in the "Integration of Data" section below.
Collect Information in Follow Up Forms
In order for the payee and student ID information to sync between systems, the awarded scholarships must be synced. This can be done by syncing a scholarship from SLM to CommunitySuite, or syncing a scholarship from CommunitySuite to SLM. More details are available in these articles: Sync CommunitySuite Scholarships to SLM or Sync SLM Requests to CommunitySuite
When assigning a follow up form with the payee and student ID fields to a scholarship recipient, it can be related to the overall award and the payee information will sync to CommunitySuite. The follow up can also be assigned to a specific installment form.
It's important to attach follow ups to specific installments if your workflow includes tracking the status of a follow up before paying a specific installment.
The scholarship recipient will then complete the payee and student ID fields as they would any other questions.
Integration of Data
Once a scholarship recipient completes the payee and student ID fields, that information automatically syncs to their scholarship record in CommunitySuite and updates all unpaid installments. The School/Grantee and Student Number will automatically apply to all open payment lines in CommunitySuite.
For scholarships originating in CommunitySuite, Auto Approve needs to be turned off because with auto approve the installment is automatically approved in SLM. When using integrated school and student ID fields, you typically want to collect information from the student, and then have an SLM administrator approve the installment. If auto approve is on, you would have to unapprove then approve the installment in SLM.