To enable the integrated school and student ID fields while during site implementation, reach out to your Implementation Specialist to discuss. If you are a new administrator for a site that's live, reach out to the Client Success Team to discuss.
For an overview on the integrated school and student ID feature, please refer to this article: Integrated School and Student ID Fields
In order to utilize the integrated school and student ID feature between CommunitySuite and SLM, the payee (school) and student ID fields need to be added to at least one follow up form in SLM. If you plan to collect this information using more than one follow up form, you can add the fields to as many forms as needed. For example, with a renewable scholarship you might assign a new follow up form each year to scholarship recipients, checking for any changes to the school they're attending.
Before adding payee fields in SLM, at least one grantee profile must be set as a school in CommunitySuite. Please refer to the following article before moving to the steps below: Set Grantees as Schools
At this time, adding the payee fields adds all of the following fields to the form:
- Payee: this is the drop-down list question containing all profiles set as schools in CommunitySuite. This is the only payee field that integrates with CommunitySuite (the student ID field is added separately and also integrates).
- If a scholarship recipient selects the "Other" option, you will need to manually create the appropriate school profile in CommunitySuite. Consider using question branching to have the additional payee fields (listed below) appear if Other is selected to help you collect the school's information.
- Payee Name
- Payee Address 1
- Payee Address 2
- Payee City
- Payee State
- Payee Postal Code
- Payee Country
- Payee EIN / Tax ID
- Payee Web Site
- Payee Email
- Payee Telephone Number
- Payee Fax Number
It's not possible at this time to delete individual payee fields. For this reason, the steps below instruct you to add the fields to a separate group on the form, with the visibility for all the fields set to Administrators. If those are the only fields in that question group, the entire group will be hidden from applicants and you can keep the form organized. You can then drag and drop the specific fields you'd like to use into the desired place on your form and change the visibility and required type for those fields. You can also change the question labels and add instructions.
- Navigate to a follow up form where you'd like to add the fields.
- Click Add New Group.
- Name the question group (e.g. Admin Only Payee Fields), then click Save Group.
- Within the new question group, click Add New Question.
- Click Payee Fields.
- Select Administrators in the Visibility drop-down and keep Optional selected in the Required Type drop-down, then click Save Question.
- The payee fields will then be added to your new question group, visible only to administrators.
- Drag and drop the fields you'd like to use into the correct place in the form. Then edit those questions to change the visibility and required type. You can also change the question labels and add instructions.
- If you'd like to add the student ID field, click Add New Question where you'd like it on the form.
- Click Student ID.
- Adjust the visibility and required type as needed, add instructions if desired, then click Save Question.