Notes can be added to records (e.g. profile, grant, donation, etc.) in many locations in CommunitySuite to document additional information.
Add a Note
If a record is associated with a unique ID or number, the option to Add Note will appear in the left-side menu.
- After navigating to the record for which you'd like to add a note, click Add Note in the left-side menu.
- Select a Date, enter the note in the text box, add any optional information listed below, then click Add Note.
- Enter a Fund to link this note to a fund. The note will then be visible when viewing the fund.
- Select a note Type to associate with this note for reporting purposes.
- Check the box for Sticky to place this note at the top of the notes list for the associated record.
- If you're adding the note to a record other than a profile (e.g. a grant or a grantee record), check No Rollup if you don't want the note to display on the native profile record as well.
- Check the box for Alert, then optionally select one or more Alert Areas.
- If Alert is selected without an Alert Area, the note will display as an alert at the top of the page when viewing, editing, or creating an item related to the record for which you entered the note (e.g. the profile, fund, etc.).
- If you also select one or more Alert Areas, the note will also display as an alert when viewing, editing, or creating an item related to the record in the selected alert area(s).
- For example, if you enter the note for a profile and select the Donation alert area, the note will also display as an alert whenever a donation is created, edited, or viewed for that profile.
Navigate to the Notes page to access all notes added in the system.
- Click My Notes in the left-side menu to view the list of notes you personally added. To return to the list of all notes, click All Notes in the left-side menu.
- Click a note's ID to access the details. This can also be done when viewing a record with a note.
- The note can then be edited or deleted by clicking either option in the left-side menu.
- Click the link in the Ref field to navigate directly to the record for which this note was entered (e.g. the profile).
Bulk Delete Notes
After using a filter report to narrow a range of notes, they can be bulk deleted. This may be especially helpful when cleaning up data from a previous system that has been migrated into CommunitySuite.
- Navigate to the Notes page and click Filter Reports in the left-side menu.
- Click Add Filter in the left-side menu.
- Click the Notes Filter you want to use.
- Complete the applicable fields, which vary depending on the notes filter chosen, and then click Apply List Filter.
- Click Delete Notes in the left-side menu.
- Click [Yes] to confirm.