Grant or scholarship payments can be marked as Conditional. This indicates that the recipient must do something in order to receive the next payment. For example, this could include a requirement to meet matching funds or to file a final report.
When the books are closed at fiscal year or month end, payments marked as conditional that are not yet paid will have the expense and the payable reversed. These reversals are recorded in the Conditional Payment Fund, which is configured on the Grants Settings page. The frequency for the reversals is also configured on the Grants Settings page.
The grant or scholarship itself can be marked as conditional during the creation process, which automatically marks the first payment as conditional. To do this, check the box for Conditional when creating a grant or scholarship.
Specific grant or scholarship payments can also be marked as conditional.
Configure the Conditional Payment Fund and Closing Frequency
- Navigate to the Grants page and click Settings in the left-side menu.
- Click Edit Settings in the left-side menu.
- Configure the two relevant fields and then click Update.
- Conditional Payment Fund - Enter the fund name and select the fund you want from the drop-down list.
- Closing Frequency - Select the frequency that conditional payments should reverse, either Monthly or Fiscal Year.
Mark a Grant Payment as Conditional
- Navigate to the grant and click Edit Pay Schedule in the left-side menu.
- For the applicable payment, check the box for Conditional, and then click Save.
Mark a Scholarship Payment as Conditional
- Navigate to the scholarship.
- Click  for the applicable payment.
- Check the box for Cond., and then click Save.