Below are descriptions of the fields in Grants settings.
Navigate to the Grants page and click Settings in the left-side menu to access settings for grants.
Depending on your system configuration, certain settings may not appear. If a setting is missing that you think you should have, please contact Support or if you are in the implementation stages contact your Implementation Specialist.
Send Grants To GLM
- Enabled - Pre Approval: This option requires you to send grants to GLM for approval. You will not be able to move forward with the grant process in CommunitySuite until the grant has been approved in GLM.
- Enabled - Post Approval: This option requires you to approve or deny the grant in CommunitySuite. Once the grant has been approved, you’ll be able to send it to GLM for reporting purposes.
- Disabled: Disables the ability to Send Grants to GLM.
Grant Approval Percent - The percentage of approvers required to move a grant forward into accounts payable.
- A blank value within the field is the same as 100% if this option is selected. We recommend that you fill a percentage into this field, rather than leave it blank.
- If you require 75% approval, and a fund has 4 approvers, you will need at least 3 approvals for the grant to move forward into accounts payable.
- If a fund has 2 approvers then both must approve the grant as each approver only counts for 50%.
Enable Guidestar - Gives you the option to run a charity check on an applicant or grantee to confirm 501c3 status.
- Enable Ajah must be unchecked in Grants Settings.
- There is a maximum of 1,000 Guidestar checks per contract.
Enable Ajah - Allows Canadian clients to check and confirm a grantseekers nonprofit status. This replaces Guidestar with Ajah across the entire system.
- Enable Guidestar must be unchecked in Grant Settings.
Charity Check Interval - Determines how often you’re required to run a charity check.
- By default the system requires that you check the Pub 78 every time you write a check to the grantee. This setting allows you to change the default to any desired interval.
- Disable Approval Emails - If checked, grant approvers will not receive emails when a grant needs approval.
- Auto Approve Grant Payments - If checked, the system will not require approval to create a voucher for a grant payment.
- Disable Grant Self Approval - If checked, users are prevented from approving grants they created.
- Conditional Payment Fund - When grant installments/payments are marked as conditional (yes), the expense and payable will be reversed in this fund.
- Closing Frequency - How often conditional entries are created when grant installments/payments are marked as conditional (yes).
- Allow Liability Account - Allows users to include liability accounts in the list of available accounts when entering grants.
- Summary By Fiscal Year - Enable this setting to view the grant summary table by fiscal year instead of the default calendar year. When enabled, view a grantee record to see the grant summary table show in a FY20XX format.
Default GLM Settings
There are additional GLM Settings available in sites that sync with GLM. Click Default GLM Settings in the left-side menu to access and edit these settings.
- Default GLM URLKEY - The default GLM site that you want to send grants to.
- Default GLM Process Name - The default GLM process that you would like the grants to appear in.
- Default GLM Status - The selected status will be assigned to the grant when it is received by GLM. These options will change depending on which approval workflow you choose.