Set up your system to modify Revenue Share options by assigning a Revenue Share Parent to a Fund. This is another way to share gains and losses in your managed Funds.
In Accounts, Revenue Share Parent allows you to link an account to an investment pool for Revenue Share calculations. When you set a Revenue Share Parent, the system will update all Funds in the Account with the selected investment asset.
Rev Share Parent Account Setup
- Navigate to the Accounts page.
- Click List in the left-side menu.
- Click the Account ID.
- Click [set] in the Rev Share Parent field.
- Click the Investment Account in Set Revshare Parent.
- The Rev Share Parent field will list the account you chose.
- You will see a list of all the Funds that are housed in that Account. The new Account that they will be associated with is listed under Swap To.
- The system will ask if you wish to move these Funds into the new Asset Account for the purposes of running the revenue share operation.
- In order to link an account to another account for revenue sharing purposes, the system "swaps" these balances to the parent account, and also potentially changes the investment or checking account for those funds to the parent account as well.
- Click [Yes, swap balances and make fund updates as needed] at the bottom of the page to approve this change.
- The system will swap out the Fund balances to the new account, and the account record will now reflect the change in the Rev Share Parent field.
Review this video to see how to set up an Account with a Revenue Share Parent.