The Investment Report can be used to report on investment activity by investment account and level.
- Investment Accounts
First, you'll need to define the investment level for each investment account that you want to report on.
- Select Accounts from the Home page.
- Select an investment account.
- Click Edit.
- Select an Investment Level and then click Save.
Run an Investment Report
Now that you've set an investment level for each of your investment accounts, you can run the investment report.
- Select Financials from the Home page.
- Click Investment.
- Select a Start Date and End Date for the report to run then click Show Date; or click one of the pre-defined date ranges.
- The investment report will display the results by investment level.
- If your foundation has several investment pools with sub accounts the most accurate view of the report will be at a foundation level. If your foundation does not have investment accounts with sub accounts then you will have accurate reporting if you filter down to a specific fund.
- This report will show CommunitySuite activity only. If you converted during the fiscal year then this report will not have the investment activity in the correct categories due to the conversion.
- Beginning Balance - the balance in the investment account as of the beginning of the date range selected.
- In - a total of any increases that are not from a statement voucher.
- Interest - from statement voucher.
- Dividends - from statement voucher.
- Realized Gains - from statement voucher.
- Unrealized Gains - from statement voucher.
- Fees - from statement voucher.
- Out - a total of any decreases that are not from a statement voucher.
Note: if an investment account does not have a level defined, information from that account will display within the N/A column.